After a slew of new playtests in the wild and a host of thoughtful notes from players and GMs, Always/Never/Now has a newly revised Player File at DriveThruRPG!
The game is also now a Pay What You Want title, so if you’ve been dying to give me a few bucks, please do. I’m losing a little bit of money, in the end, producing this thing (and shipping out physical rewards to Kickstarter backers), so every little bit helps. Almost 3,000 of you have downloaded A/N/N to date. A buck apiece would be a big deal to me.
Here’s what’s changed in the new Player File (v9-13-13):
- Corrected a few typos.
- Each character has undergone modest Tag revisions to make them a little more evenly powered.
- New page layouts for the Background and Game Rules make it easier to print just the sections you want.
- The two-sided character sheets now pair dossier with statistics. (Printing multiple copies of the rules summary is still easy enough, I figure.)
- Stunt dice are further explained, including a suggestion for how many go in the pot.
- Optional mechanics for Traits and Tags, plus the “Always/Never/Now” mechanism, are now included in the file. (When I put it that way, it’s weird to think it ever came out of the file. I’m dumb sometimes.)
This will be the last serious revision to the file for a bit, I think. Future notes and changes will be addressed here and in the Always/Never/Now G+ community, as needed.